Saturday, May 19, 2012

Azzy's New Form


When Azzam first charmed his way into my stables, I knew he had taken up permanent residence. Although I never bonded with cats in WoW, and despite completely disliking his model, that persuasive Dreadsaber somehow formed a bond so strong that I consider him to be one of my closest pets.

There was something different about him. He just exuded character and personality from the start. I knew he was special because he made me look past the yellow cheetah model that I had no fondness for and find a true friend and companion.

He was always the pet I'd pull out if I was having a rough day, or feeling down, and just having him out by my side in game gave me the same comfort that you might get from petting your dog or hugging a teddy bear.

So how is it possible, you might ask, that I am considering letting him go? I realize it sounds absurd at first, and trust me it wasn't easy to convince myself in the beginning.

It's all thanks to the new minipets we're getting in Mists of Pandaria. Not only are there hundreds of new types being added, but we also gain the ability to name our minipets. That alone is a powerful enough feature that I can legitimately think of downsizing some of my pets into a smaller form since they'll keep their identity to me.

This train of thought began when I learned of a Cheetah Cub minipet.

See, as much as I adore Azzy, the fact that his model is not one I would have willingly picked for my stables has always bothered me a bit. Knowing that I would forever be stuck with a pet model I didn't choose taking up one slot...it could sometimes feel exasperating.

I realize it might sound petty, but I truly do take a lot of time selecting my pets, and they've always been ones that I love for both model and personality. Azzam was suave enough to make up for his model, but there would always be that strike against him in a sense.

Khan was also responsible for this. He is the first legitimate cat that has bonded with Veph completely. Not only did I fall in love with him, his model complements her so well. They just suit each other in a way that Azzy never will.

Now, having thought over all this, I came to realize that Azzy didn't necessarily have to be a pet. The part that I loved about him wasn't his model, it was just him. No matter what form he took, he would always be Azzy underneath, because the entire concept of him and his personality is what I'm bonded to.

Once I understood that, I made up my mind. Azzy would morph into the Cheetah Cub, and in a way I think this form will suit him even better than his large one did. He's always been the playful, charming type. As a kitten he can stay out with me as often as I like and still make me smile. I'm looking forward to seeing him as an energetic, adorable cub.


No comments:

Post a Comment