Monday, March 5, 2012

Fester Returns


First of all, I'd like to apologize to all of my readers (if I have any of you left) about the deadness of this blog. I think that with the end of an expansion there just isn't as much precedent for me to change my stables around too much, nor to have any particularly exciting pet adventures. Rest assured everything should be back at a good pace once Mists of Pandaria hits, but until then expect a bit of slowness here.

Anyways, I actually do have a new pet to talk about tonight. I had owned an undead eagle when they were first made tameable in...whichever patch that was...but I didn't seem to have room to keep him, and let him go not long after. I thought he'd find a home on my undead hunter, but she had no room to spare with all her spiders.

A few days ago I was struck with pangs of longing for my avian friend, as well as feelings of distance with Feng. For some reason every time I tame and grow attached to a worg, they end up retiring because I always see them as old veteran beasts who eventually outgrow their battle days. Feng just seemed as though he'd been through enough, and I think it was his time to lay down and get some rest. No hard feelings or lack of bond, just...it felt right to let him go.

I traveled to Icecrown and took one of the Carrion Hunters from a Vrykul falconer (I always loved how they walk around with them perched on their arms). I pondered over a name for a couple of days before settling on the name he originally had with me - Fester. I hadn't been sure at first if that's what I wanted to stick with again, but then I realized there was no fighting it, that was his name.

I think since Burton isn't in my stables currently (he's actually found a wonderful foster home with my draenei hunter), it's easier to have another bird. I've really missed Fester, these eagles have such fantastic details. I love the tattered wrappings hanging from their skeletal form, the rumpled feathers, exposed vertebrae...everything is really awesome looking.

2 comments:

  1. Fester is the perfect name for an undead eagle. They are awesome looking birds. I have one on my alt named Lazarus and my bf has one on his hunter named Aethon. And your story about Feng was very touching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grats, I got this one early in Cata by doing the quest in Western Plaglands. I went with the name Skullcracker for him. First bird I've run with, My guild has a thing about not having them in raid since it screwed with targeting.

    ReplyDelete